- Suspect: UNKNOWN/UNSOLVED (hit and run)
- Victim: Jenio Berdoza, 39
- Charges: n/a
- Status: Unsolved; police seeking public’s help in finding suspect
- Date of incident: April 11, 2020
- Type of incident: Hit and run
- Agency: State Police
- Location: U.S. Highway 82, near mile post 80, outside Artesia, Eddy County
- Magistrate case number: N/A
- District case number: N/A
State Police are asking for the public’s help to identify the person and vehicle that hit and killed a 39-year-old Roswell man on April 11, 2020 on U.S. Highway 82 outside of Artesia.
“Berdoza was transported to Artesia General Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased by the Office of the Medical Investigator,” he wrote.
Berdoza, of Roswell, was walking on the side of the highway when he was hit by the vehicle, which then fled the scene, he wrote.
“If you were a witness or have any information about this crash, you are urged to call the New Mexico State Police at (575) 382-2500 option 1 and tell the dispatcher you have information related to the U.S. Highway 82 hit and run,” Wilson wrote.