- Suspect: UNKNOWN/UNSOLVED
- Victim: Donnie Wade Barney, 32
- Date of birth: Oct. 25, 1984
- Status: UNSOLVED
- Date found: Aug. 19, 2017
- Last seen alive: Unlisted
- Type of incident: Stabbing
- Victim race: Native American
- Investigating agency: FBI
- Investigator: Unknown
- Location: Inside a hogan on Shadow Farm Road in Rehoboth (east of Gallup), New Mexico
- County: McKinley
- Tribal entity: Navajo Nation
On Aug. 19, 2017, the body of Donnie Barney was found inside a hogan on Shadow Farm Road in Rehoboth, according to a post on the FBI’s website.
“An autopsy indicated Barney died from stab wounds to his torso,” according to the post.
A hogan is a traditional Navajo dwelling built of “logs and earth,” according to the post.
Neither the post, nor a poster produced by the FBI, indicate when Barney was last seen alive.
The FBI is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the identification of his killer.
Anyone with information on his death can contact the FBI at (505) 889-1300.
Did you know Donnie Wade Barney? NM Homicide needs your assistance to tell the stories of homicide victims. We want to know who he was, besides the victim of an unsolved homicide.
- Sentencing delayed again for Allister Quintana in Dulce torture killing - February 15, 2021
- John Lodgepole to be sentenced in April for brutal killing of woman in Nenahnezad - February 12, 2021
- Tavor Tom to be sentenced in March for brutal stabbing death of aunt - February 8, 2021